The International Antarctic Centre is located opposite Christchurch International Airport, and 20 minutes’ drive from the city centre. This location is ideal for local, national and international meetings and events from 40 to 250 people.
IAC is a unique venue - it has New Zealand's only indoor / outdoor penguin encounter. Groups of up to 45 can use the penguin encounter area for cocktail receptions or for dining close to the Little Blue Penguins.
Suitable for all types of social and business events, the International Antarctic Centre offers five separate meeting and function areas including two conference rooms and marquees can be accommodated outside.
The International Antarctic Centre is the ideal venue for a variety of events:
- Private functions
- Corporate dinners
- Charity balls
- Cocktail receptions
- Birthday/anniversary celebrations
- Mid-winter socials
- Christmas dinner
- New Year celebrations
- Sales meetings
- Incentive groups
Additional theming might include:
- Husky dogs to welcome guests
- Antarctic Centre characters
- Hägglund all-terrain, amphibian vehicle rides
- Ice bars and cool cocktails
- Snow storm experience
- Ice sculptures
- Sunset-on-the-ice lighting effects
- The New Zealand Penguin Encounter - New Zealand's only indoor/outdoor penguin encounter. A unique and interactive dining experience unavailable anywhere else in New Zealand! Breakfast or dinner with the Little Blue penguins is for up to 45 people.
- Business centre
- Meeting rooms
- On-site catering
We look forward to talking to you and making sure your function is memorable and successful.
View this venue's location